READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

Current readings

Today I've started on Sea-Wolf by Jack London. Already a fascinating adventure tale. I chose this particular novel because it didn't appear to be about dogs or snow. Although I really liked Call of tthe Wild, the 'snowy dog story' has become what London is remembered for and I wanted to see more of London. This story, Sea-Wolf, has also been called his best novel by the likes of Ben Bova.
I also purchased A Life in a Year; The American Infantryman in Vietnam by James R. Ebert. This is not typically something that I would read - and that's why I got it - to stretch myself a little bit. This book also has another thing going for it. Many books like this appear to be about superhuman special forces elite deadly ninja covert ops type manly men. Those books look to me a lot like pulp crapola like The Destroyer and Mack Bolan. This particular book appears to be about common, everyday regular guys that had to endure the war in the role of the grunt.
I'm letting Librivox read Omnilingual by H.Beam Piper to me. and my current bathtub book is Mortimer Adler's Six Great Ideas.
Other authors I want to read sometime soon include:
  • Joseph Conrad
  • Stephen Crane

0 comments: