READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

Philo quote

The other day I posted a really neat quote on my martial arts blog, Mokuren Dojo.

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

One of the people that is attributed as having said this is Philo of Alexandria, an interesting character in himself. Turns out he was contemporary with Jesus, and if I remember the novel correctly, Anne Rice uses Philo as Jesus' tutor when Jesus was in Egypt as a child. I don't know of any way we'll ever know for sure, but this interesting extrapolation has at least a little bit of reasonability to it.
.
In any case, this is a great quote and a great rule of action. Even though the source is extrabiblical it sounds like something Jesus would have said. It would probably take me a while to do it but I bet I could find a good bit of correlation between the words of Jesus in the NT and this.
.
Makes me want to read some of Philo's works...

0 comments: