READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

Not in a million years for a million dollars

The things that God calls us to do are against our nature because we are sinners. God calls us to missions that we wouldn't normally do in a million years for a million dollars.
I thank him who has given me strength, Christ Jesus our Lord, because he judged me faithful, appointing me to his service, though formerly I was a blasphemer, persecutor, and insolent opponent. But I received mercy because I had acted ignorantly in unbelief, and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus. (1Tim1:12-14)
In 1st Timothy, Paul is thanking God for 2 things:
  • for allowing him to do what he does as an Apostle
  • for not being as bad as he used to be
So, do you thank God for:
  • the calling and strength to do a truly difficult mission (see 2Cor 6:4 and 2Cor 11:23f)
  • for the blessing and transformation that God brings us through this mission


0 comments: