READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

Vampires, aaarrrgh!


In the previous post, I mentioned several generes that I love. Now I have to mention one I hate with a passion.
.
I am so thoroughly tired of the gothic horror genere that I could scream! I was telling my wife the other day that if I never see another vampire movie or book, it'll be too soon. As it is, you can't go to a movie without seeing a trailer or ad for Twilight or some such inane crapola. The vampire genere is so tired that they decided to try to spice it up by throwing in a bunch of werewolves - bah! The most interesting, creative vampire flick that has come out in a long time was Van Helsing, and even it was barely tolerable.
.
But it's not even just the most recent rash of sexy teen vampire flicks that has tired me. The Anne Rice books and films were intensely popular when I was in college, and I read a handful of them before I realized what an incredible waste of time they were. Of course I had to read Bram Stoker's Dracula, and it was tedious. And then there were the Blade movies... Aaargh!
.
The lone exception in this dreadful genere is Shadow of the Vampire - a true classic starring John Malkovich and Willem DaFoe. I would recommend this one vampire movie to anyone and everyone as a must-see for the Haloween season!




____________
Patrick Parker, is a Christian, husband, father, judo and aikido teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: mokurendojo@gmail.com or phone 601.248.7282
____________
Subscribe to free updates from the Self-Education of Pat