READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

...but he lingered...

I was reading Genesis last night and it occurred to me that It's really neat how you see something different each time you read through a given story. Even when you've read and heard the story a million times. Last night I read about Lot's flight from the destruction of Sodom. The really funny thing is, even after he was told by the two angels of the Lord, "You'd better run, we're about to bomb this town back into oblivion," (Genesis 19:12) he tarried until the angels had to physically take him and drag him out of the town (Genesis 19:15-16).
.
What kind of numbskull lays around after a warning like that?
.
Well, I suppose there are times in all of our lives that God has to forcibly drag us kicking and screaming out of a bad situation. This seems to me to be a great example of unmerited, irresistable grace. Isn't our God great, to be willing to drag sinners as screwed up and unwilling as us into sanctification?

0 comments: