READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

I believe; help my unbelief!

Something that confused me for a long time was the faith vs. works thing. You are not saved by works - all you have to do is believe. But what about when belief seems like work? I can't say I understand all of this issue, but check out my memory verse for this week...
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast. (Ephesians 2:8-9; ESV)
God, in his grace, gives us faith. We don't achieve faith through our own effort. God helps our unbelief.
And Jesus said to him, "'If you can'! All things are possible for one who believes." Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, "I believe; help my unbelief!" (Mark 9:23-24; ESV)

3 comments:

Andy said...

Great post at the right moment.

Patrick Parker said...

Happy birthday, Andy!

Todd said...

It's so encouraging for me to remember that God has supplied me with what He requires from me. If it was left to me, no way I could believe/trust in Him.

I think of how the Bible says that He's both just and the Justifier...