READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

Galba was old and ill_

Every so often my wife or I come across a writer whose style and sense of language is amazing.  I mentioned Tacitus the other day, and the following is an example:

Galba was old and ill. Of his two lieutenants Titus Vinius was the vilest of men and Cornelius Laco the laziest. Hated as he was for Vinius' crimes and despised for Laco's inefficiency, between them Galba soon came to ruin.

What outstanding use of language!  I am simply loving this history book!  I could just roll around in passages like this!
.
____________
Patrick Parker, is a Christian, husband, father, judo and aikido teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: mokurendojo@gmail.com or phone 601.248.7282
____________
Subscribe to free updates from the Self-Education of Pat

1 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.