READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

Boldness was Paul's modus operandi

Photo courtesy of Lawrence OP
I mentioned in a post a few days ago that I was impressed with Paul's boldness in 1st Corinthians:
Be imitators of me, as I am of Christ. Now I commend you because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions even as I delivered them to you. (1Cor 11:1-2)
The thing that is so astoundingly bold is that Paul is saying to use him as an example of how to be like Christ! But boldness is Paul's M.O.:
And now, Lord, look upon their threats and grant to your servants to continue to speak your word with all boldness, while you stretch out your hand to heal, and signs and wonders are performed through the name of your holy servant Jesus." And when they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and continued to speak the word of God with boldness. (Acts 4:29-31)
.
Since we have such a hope, we are very bold, not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face so that the Israelites might not gaze at the outcome of what was being brought to an end. (2Corinthians 3:12-13)
.
And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. (Philippians 1:14)
____________
Patrick Parker, is a Christian, husband, father, judo and aikido teacher, Program Director for a Cardiac Rehab, and a Ph.D. Contact: mokurendojo@gmail.com or phone 601.248.7282
____________
Subscribe to free updates from the Self-Education of Pat

0 comments: