READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

Belated Blessings Blog


I love all of my family, but this past Sunday I felt God's blessing particularly in the form of my second son, Knox. Knox is the quiet, sensitive, loving, compliant one. He had ear problems early on, and is late developing speech, but he is a master of mime and gets his point across. Sunday I'd forgotten to give the kids some money to put into the offering plate and Knox cried because he had nothing to give. I don't think that was humiliation, I think it was a heart for giving. Moments later, at the children's' sermon, Knox gave the pastor a hug. Often at the end of the children's' sermon, Knox shouts out, "alleluia." Though most folks probably don't understand what he's saying because it sounds like "la la lu la." But Elise and I understand, and so does God.
Lord, thank you for blessing us with Knox to love us and teach us about giving. In your Son's name, Amen.

0 comments: