READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

In the interim

Yep, it's been a long time. Mea culpa. There's been a lot going on (as always) in the Parker household. New baby, summertime sports, vacation, etc... But it seems like one of the good things about a blog is it's still there waiting for you when you're ready to come back to it.
I've read several books since my last post. I've finished A Life in a Year, at least as much of it as I'm going to finish any time soon, which is about 2/3 of the book. It is pretty good - it just got sidelined, and torturing my way through a book is not really one of my hobgoblins. We finished CS Lewis' Mere Christianity and have started on Barbara Brown Taylor's Gospel Medicine. When we finish that we're going to be working our way through Augustine's Confessions. I've also started Richard Strozzi Heckler's In Search of the Warrior Spirit, which is another interesting, but frustrating book for me. I'll definitely have a review of this book, perhaps on my martial arts blog.
Anyway, perhaps I can get back to a more regular posting schedule on this blog...

0 comments: