READ - RESPOND - REPEAT

Calling all book geeks...

Calling all book geeks...
.
Ok, so you consider yourself a long-time Book Geek of the First Order - here's a challenge to prove yourself. There's this book plot that I remember from childhood that has been stuck in my mind but I can't remember the title of the book. It goes like this:

A group of troubled-teens are sent by their rich parents to a summer wilderness retreat where they are supposed to be challenged by the counsellors like in Outward Bound. The catch is that this particular camp happens to be run by assassins who are paid by the rich parents to kill the entire group of troublemaking kids and make it look like an accident. The disorganized, individualistic kids get out into the wilderness and somehow manage to survive the first attempt to kill them and they figure out what is going on, team up, evade the assasins, and even begin hunting their hunters.

This book was probably something that I picked up at a school book fair, which would place the publication date somewhere between about 1980-1987. Alternately it could have been a selection from some monthly book club during the same time period. Definitely not high literature...
.
Anyone remember this book?

2 comments:

Spickens said...

That one doesn't ring a bell. sorry.

somaserious said...

I really think I do. It was written by a man whose name is Julian Thompson. The book is called "Grounding of Group 6" and I read it as a teenager. Thing is, this man lives in my home town! Geek out! His books are fantastic.